BADAMTAM TEA ESTATE
Established in 1858 by Mr Christine Barne, Badamtam is located in the west of Darjeeling’s Lebong Valley at an altitude of approx 300 to 1810 meters. Badamtam means water vessel made from bamboo. This tea estate is greatly renowned for its light and delicate China bushes, brisk and bright Assam hybrids. Connoisseurs consider the teas from Badamtam to be one of the best out of all the first flush teas. Their signature Badamtam Moonlight is finely plucked from a very small quantity of AV2, which is tenderly infused during processing. This tea stands out amongst the 1st flush teas of this year with its elegant earthy notes, vanilla finish and an extremely delicate citrusy flavor which lingers much after finishing the cup.
Dry leaf –
This Tea has a charming pollen and light new fruit fragrance. Dry leaf is a composition of connected buds and leaves. The big buds and small buds are both rich with a lot of white hair. The color is mainly silver and light olive. Very few black, or greenish-reddish leaves, the overall vision is yellow-green.
Looking at infusion plucking is extremely fine and tender; the color is yellow-green and light red. Both the picking and the color show a high uniformity. The aroma at the infusion is full of soft green grass and spicy scent. The aroma is long-lasting and unique.
The Liquor is clear and light yellow, when the tea is hot, fragrance of white flowers and green apples is prominent; it is delicate, light and refreshing white lily flowers. After the temperature of the liquor drops slightly, the lily flower scent becomes thick and has a slightly new fruity aroma, which is reminiscent of lemon. The aroma lingers in the mouth and the sweetness rises in this moment, when the temperature drops further, the body becomes thick and heavy, the unique fragrance of the AV-2 variety appears, and the taste is more sweet and juicy with the fusion of yellow lemon and white grapes have a pleasant and clean finish.
For a perfect Cup of Tea:
- Take 1 cup of water (200 ml).
- Heat it to 90-95°C.
- Put 1 teaspoon (2.5g) of tea leaves in the water.
- Steep the leaves for 3-5 minutes.
|Year of Establishment||1858|
|Establish By||CHRISTINE BARNE|
|Badamtam Meaning||BAMBO WATER VESSEL|
|Tea Growing Area||321.05 HECTARE|
|Invoice Number :||EX 9|
|Section :||LAMAS 13|
|Age of bushes of this section:||11 YEARS|
|Sorting:||Manual Hand Sorting|
|Jat / Variety||AV2|
|Climatic Condition :||25 MAX 16 MINI|
|Working Manpower Strength||450 Approx.|
|Infusion:||Full of tips and Greenish Bright|
|Taste flavour:||Extremell delicate,Mellow, full of Flavour, Citrus Notes|
- Orders placed before 12:01 pm IST are usually dispatched on the same business day. Orders placed after 12:01 pm IST are usually dispatched on the next business day.
- The ETA for products is 4-7 business days from the date of dispatch for all orders within India and 7-14 business days from the date of dispatch for all International orders.
- Shipping cost is automatically calculated during checkout based on the product weight (including packaging and/or samples) and delivery pin code.
- For domestic deliveries, we use Blue Dart, Delhivery, DTDC and Indian Post. For international deliveries, we use DTDC, Fedex, UPS, DHL and Indian Post.
- To track your order, click here .
- Important Notice:- Due to the ongoing COVID-19, the delivery of the products may take longer than usual.
- For further queries, kindly reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (+91)7407321730