JUNGPANA TEA ESTATE
Established in 1899 by Mr Henry Montgomery Lennox, in the year 1899, this Tea estate is situated on the top hill of Kurseong, and produces some of Darjeeling’s favourte teas mostly from Chinaries. Jungpana is named after a legend, Jung Bahadur, who fought with a tiger to save a British employee. The first flush of the estate has a very unique floral flavor with a slight astringency and fruity notes, giving away to a gentle woody aftertaste. Their signature product is the Jungpana Vintage grown in the outer division at an altitude of about 6000ft and considered to be one of the finest.
The freshly opened tea has a soft pollen and grass fragrance. Dry leaves are composed of young buds and young leaves, which looks brittle and fragile. A high proportion of young buds are covered with pekoe. The color of the young leaves is dark green and deep green with a little emerald green broken leaves.
Leaves are yellow-green and slightly reddish at the edge, Fine plucking delicate and uniform and the white flower fragrance is obvious. Substantial tiny young leaves attached with buds and numerous internodes in an olive green sheen with wholesome vegetal freshness.
The liqueur is bright and clear. The liqueur has the fragrance of white flowers and green apples. While sipping at the beginning the tea is prolonged sweet. The aroma of white flowers is rich, and there is also a hint of green apple. The green grass is faint; you can notice a hint of green slightly spicy aftertaste. After the temperature of the liqueur drops, the Frankincense aroma begins to become obvious, intertwined with the aromas of gardenia and pollen; the distinctive sweetness of nectar and slight bitterness coexist.
For a perfect Cup of Tea:
- Take 1 cup of water (200 ml).
- Heat it to 90-95°C.
- Put 1 teaspoon (2.5g) of tea leaves in the water.
- Steep the leaves for 3-5 minutes.
|Year of Establishment||1899|
|Establish By||Henry Montgomery Lennox|
|Jungpana Meaning||Name is based on a legend JUNG BAHADUR who fought with a tiger to save the british employer had his last drink of water here|
|Most Tough Days Of Garden||Every ay is a new experience and a new challange.|
|Jat / Variety of Bushes % Wise ( Total Garden's)||60% CHINA, 15% CLONAL, 25% HYBRID|
|Total Area||65 HECTARE|
|Tea Growing Area||136 HECTARES|
|Yearly Quantity||35000 KGS APPROX|
|Working Manpower Strength||300 WORKERS|
|Best Section Of Clonal||MAB SECTION|
|Best Section Of China||2B|
|Best Section of China Hybrid||DTL|
|Best Section Of Assam Hybrid||DTU|
|Invoice Number :||EXN-10 / 2021|
|Altitude:||3000 TO 6000 FT|
|Age of bushes of this section:||ALL ABOVE 100 YEARS|
|Sorting:||Manual Hand Sorting|
|Jat / Variety||CHINA|
|Climatic Condition :||MODERATE|
|Characteristics:||CRISP AND SPARKLING SWEET FLAVOUR|
|Infusion:||GREEN WITH PASSION FRUIT LIKE AROMA.|
|Taste flavour:||JUNGPANA IS KNOWN FOR ITS UNMATCHED FLAVOUR. THIS TEA HAS A THICK COMPLEX TPICAL CHINARY FLAVOUR. IT IS SLIGHTLY ASTRINGENT WHICH GLORIFIES THE TEA. PERFECTLY PICKED AND WELL SORTED LONG LEAVES. IT HAS FRUITY NOTES LIKE RIPE MANGO AND IS WOODY TOWARDS THE FINISH.|
- Orders placed before 12:01 pm IST are usually dispatched on the same business day. Orders placed after 12:01 pm IST are usually dispatched on the next business day.
- The ETA for products is 4-7 business days from the date of dispatch for all orders within India and 7-14 business days from the date of dispatch for all International orders.
- Shipping cost is automatically calculated during checkout based on the product weight (including packaging and/or samples) and delivery pin code.
- For domestic deliveries, we use Blue Dart, Delhivery, DTDC and Indian Post. For international deliveries, we use DTDC, Fedex, UPS, DHL and Indian Post.
- To track your order, click here .
- Important Notice:- Due to the ongoing COVID-19, the delivery of the products may take longer than usual.
- For further queries, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com or call us at (+91)7407321730