Poobong Tea Estate is nestled between the beautiful valley of Ghoom and Sukhia was established in 1921 by Duncan Brothers. Situated at an altitude of 3800 ft - 6200 ft., Poobong means the Valley of Clouds. This Tea estate consists of three varieties of tea bushes, primarily China, China hybrid and Assam hybrids. They have recently started planting Clonal bushes which is expected to produce teas by 2024.
An excellent composition of fine roasted black and coppery leaves with a light sprinkling of golden buds exuding a sweet musky fragrance.
Mature deep chocolate brown infusion with a light mix of dark greenish yellow leaves, interwoven with a delicate flavor of nutty aroma.
Amber golden liquor scented with a delicate fruity flavor. The cup has a thick and musky aroma interlining the sweet honey note and succulent flavors of plums. As the temperatures drops, the body becomes more mature with the distinct mouth feel of caramelized pears.
CERTIFICATION OF GARDEN
|Year of Establishment||1921|
|Establish By||Duncuns Brothers.|
|POOBONG TEA ESTATE||Valley behind the clouds|
|Jat / Variety of Bushes % Wise ( Total Garden's)||35% China, 40% China Hybrid, 25% Assam Hybrid|
|Total Area||490 HECTARE|
|Tea Growing Area||168.82 HECTARE|
|Yearly Quantity||2014-52015 kgs,2015- 50351 kgs,2016-63211 kgs,2017-30665 kgs,2018-66003 kgs,2019- 68015 kgs,2020-65498 kgs.|
|Working Manpower Strength||Male - 106, Female - 286.|
|Best Section Of Clonal||Newly Planted - Sec no 9|
|Best Section Of China||PB 18/8/5, PD-4|
|Best Section of China Hybrid||PB-3/23.PD-8|
|Best Section Of Assam Hybrid||PB-24/26|
|Invoice Number :||EX50/2021|
|Section :||PB-18, PD- 4|
|Altitude:||5300' MSL & 4820 ' MSL|
|Age of bushes of this section:||86/83|
|Sorting:||Only Used Mideton Machine|
|Jat / Variety||China|
|Climatic Condition :||18 * C +Foggy|
|Characteristics:||Unique 2nd Flush Carecter.|
|Taste flavour:||Sweet Smoothy Cup|
- Orders placed before 12:01 pm IST are usually dispatched on the same business day. Orders placed after 12:01 pm IST are usually dispatched on the next business day.
- The ETA for products is 4-7 business days from the date of dispatch for all orders within India and 7-14 business days from the date of dispatch for all International orders.
- Shipping cost is automatically calculated during checkout based on the product weight (including packaging and/or samples) and delivery pin code.
- For domestic deliveries, we use Blue Dart, Delhivery, DTDC and Indian Post. For international deliveries, we use DTDC, Fedex, UPS, DHL and Indian Post.
- To track your order, click here .
- Important Notice:- Due to the ongoing COVID-19, the delivery of the products may take longer than usual.
- For further queries, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com or call us at (+91)7407321730