Puttabung (Clonal Queen)
Situated towards the East of Darjeeling, Puttabong was established by a legendary British Botanist and the first person to start the Tea plantation in Darjeeling Dr. Archibald Campbell, in the year 1852. The Meaning of Puttabong in Nepali is Putta means green leaves and bong Mean house. The majority of bushes are China followed by Assam hybrid and Clonal, having tea growing field of approx 490 hectors. Puttabong is the First Tea Estate to fetch the highest price amongst in the world market during the year 1992. Clonal Queen is the most pride and outstanding tea of their productions.
Well rolled, light Yellow & deep green mix with white hairy silver tips, Smell of green grass and Aroma of raw Mangoes.
Medium size ,Bright and uniform uncut leaves, Olive green and some reddish leaves on the edge, Bright and uniform uncut, subtle flavor of green vegetables like young beans.
Clean Yellow Liquor, Refreshing vegetal mouth feel is very much prominent, scented with white lily and geranium flower, delicate and fruity fusion of raw Pineapple and fresh pollen intertwined with zesty citrusy note on the palate. The cup is of mild astringency giving away clean note of yellow lemon which lingers in the palate for long time.
For a perfect Cup of Tea:
- Take 1 cup of water (200 ml).
- Heat it to 90-95°C.
- Put 1 teaspoon (2.5g) of tea leaves in the water.
- Steep the leaves for 3-5 minutes.
|Year of Establishmnet||1852|
|Establish By||Dr. Campbell, Britesh Botanist & Planter|
|Puttabong Meaning||“PUTTA” means Green Leaves and “BONG” means House, so meaning of Puttabong is “House of Green Leaves”|
|Jat / Variety of Bushes % Wise ( Total Garden's)||China = 62.10 %, Assam & Assam Hybrid = 18.37 %, China Clonal = 19.53 %|
|Total Area||892.03 HECTARE|
|Tea Growing Area||436.72 HECTARE|
|Yearly Quantity||200000 kgs to 250000 kgs|
|Working Manpower Strength||1636|
|Invoice Number :||EX 16/2021|
|Section :||No 7 YT, No. 14 YT, No. 14/22 YT|
|Altitude:||5500 Fts to 6500 Fts|
|Age of bushes of this section:||15 to 20 yrs|
|Sorting:||Manual Hand Sorting|
|Jat / Variety||Chinary Clonal|
|Climatic Condition :||Average Temperature – Maximum = 32 degree Celsius, Minimum = 8 degree celsius, Average rainfall – Annual rainfall - 2000 to 2500 mm|
|Characteristics:||The leaf appearance is Greenish with white tips|
|Infusion:||Bright Greenish Colour.|
|Taste flavour:||This tea is having light delicate liquor with flowery flavour.|
- Orders placed before 12:01 pm IST are usually dispatched on the same business day. Orders placed after 12:01 pm IST are usually dispatched on the next business day.
- The ETA for products is 4-7 business days from the date of dispatch for all orders within India and 7-14 business days from the date of dispatch for all International orders.
- Shipping cost is automatically calculated during checkout based on the product weight (including packaging and/or samples) and delivery pin code.
- For domestic deliveries, we use Blue Dart, Delhivery, DTDC and Indian Post. For international deliveries, we use DTDC, Fedex, UPS, DHL and Indian Post.
- To track your order, click here .
- Important Notice:- Due to the ongoing COVID-19, the delivery of the products may take longer than usual.
- For further queries, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com or call us at (+91)7407321730